Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Baseball Days

When I was in 4th grade I played baseball. My team was The Flame. We went undefeated in the regular season, but lost our first playoff game :( I was the only girl on my team and to my knowledge there was only one other girl in the league. 

My mom signed me up without me knowing.. and in the nick of time. I was so shy, I only knew one kid on my team (and I kind of had a crush on him). So although I liked baseball a lot, I didn't put full effort into it. I don't know if I realized that back then or not.  

The fastest pitcher in the league was on my team (the crush). During a practice he was pitching to me and I took a ball to the head (Yes, I had a helmet on). After that I really didn't do much at the plate. Unfortunately, that happened early in the season. But, I had an arm and could catch as good as anyone. 

Man, I'd love to turn back the clock and play my heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment