Sunday, February 20, 2011

Brendan Harris

Last month my son attended the Brendan Harris Baseball Clinic. Recently I was lucky enough to ask him a few questions.


LoudMomWhen did you start playing baseball?

Brendan:  I started playing probably around 4-5 years old.  

LoudMom:  What is your favorite youth baseball memory? 

Brendan:  My favorite youth memory was when I hit my first homerun over a fence, and I didn't know it went out, and I slid into second base.  The umpire had to tell me it was a homerun, and then I continued around the bases.  I think I was 10.

LoudMom:  What kind of influence did your parents have on your baseball career?

Brendan:  My parents had a big influence in my athletic career.  My parents both played sports and encouraged me to try a lot of different things.  My dad was a big baseball fan and we would always watch the Yankees together when I was little and we'd also make it to a couple games a year.

LoudMom:  What advice do you have for young ballplayers with big dreams? 

Brendan:  My advice to younger players would be to always chase your dream, but remember to take one step at a time.  No one makes the major leagues at 12 years old, learn the game, enjoy the company of your teammates and have fun with baseball and other sports as well.  Always try to improve yourself from year to year and get the most out of your abilities, whether its baseball or in the classroom.  Try to climb the ladder one step at a time; make yourself a good high school player, a good college player, and then a good pro.  If you prepare yourself and work hard, good things will happen, but always remember that players can get hurt and have baseball taken away, but no one gets hurt and forgets a good education, so study hard. 


Thank you Brendan!   

No comments:

Post a Comment